- Holds a Food Business License with the Brisbane City Council.
- Has a Brisbane City Council approved Food Safety Program, which is implemented by qualified Food Safety Supervisors.
- Has been awarded a 5 star Eat Safe in Brisbane rating by the Brisbane City Council.
- Provides meals that have been assessed and endorsed by Nutrition Australia.
- Our experienced cooks (Food Safety Supervisors) freshly prepare meals daily to meet the dietary needs of growing children; catering to over 100 children each week.
- High quality, nutritious food is prepared on site then served four times a day including morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late afternoon tea.
- Meal ingredients reflect a variety of flavours, colours, textures and cultures.
- Where possible we use ingredients grown in our own vegetable and herb gardens.
Meet our Cook / Food Safety Supervisors
Paula and Alana
Paula joined TCCD upon its' opening in 1993. Prior to this she'd had a further 12 years experience working in early childhood. Until 2012 Paula, who holds a Certificate 3 in Child Care, worked throughout all four rooms of TCCD - giving her experience with children from birth to 5 years. In 2012 she switched roles and now works Monday to Wednesday - cooking up a 'delicious' storm in the kitchen. To support work in this role Paula completed a Food Safety Supervisor qualification. During 2013 she was instrumental in developing a nutritious menu - offering to the children (birth to school age) food reflective of a diverse variety of flavours, textures, smells and colours. This menu received a glowing report from Nutrition Australia.
Alana who holds a Certificate 3 in Children’s Services, and a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate joined Tarragindi Child Care & Development in 2010. She holds two roles within the centre, working both as an educator in the Koalas room (Monday – Wednesday) and then Thursday and Friday works in our kitchen as the Food Safety Supervisor. Alana enjoys the individual personalities along with the friendships she makes with each child. She feel humbled that she has had the opportunity to be a part of a child’s development and personally strives to always be the best role model and teacher she can be – to help each child grow to their full potential.