- Holds a Food Business License with the Brisbane City Council.
- Has a Brisbane City Council approved Food Safety Program, which is implemented by qualified Food Safety Supervisors.
- Has been awarded a 5 star Eat Safe in Brisbane rating by the Brisbane City Council.
- Provides meals that have been assessed and endorsed by Nutrition Australia.
- Our experienced cooks (Food Safety Supervisors) freshly prepare meals daily to meet the dietary needs of growing children; catering to over 100 children each week.
- High quality, nutritious food is prepared on site then served four times a day including morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late afternoon tea.
- Meal ingredients reflect a variety of flavours, colours, textures and cultures.
- Where possible we use ingredients grown in our own vegetable and herb gardens.
Meet our Cooks / Food Safety Supervisors
Jan & Paula
Jan - TCCD children have been very fortunate to have had 'Aunty Jan' (as she is affectionately known) cooking a variety of delicious and nutritious meals for them since 1998. Prior to joining TCCD Jan had many years food service experience in the hospitality industry. Jan holds a Food Safety Supervisor qualification - ensuring the meals served to over 100 children each are not only healthy but also prepared, cooked and served in a safe manner. She is Mum to 4 grown children and Grandma to 9.
Paula joined TCCD upon its' opening in 1993. Prior to this she'd had a further 12 years experience working in early childhood. Until 2012 Paula, who holds a Certificate 3 in Child Care, worked throughout all four rooms of TCCD - giving her experience with children from birth to 5 years. In 2012 she switched roles and now works Thursday and Friday - cooking up a 'delicious' storm in the kitchen. To support work in this new role Paula completed a Food Safety Supervisor qualification. During 2013 she was instrumental in developing a nutritious menu - offering to the children (birth to school age) food reflective of a diverse variety of flavours, textures, smells and colours. This menu received a glowing report from Nutrition Australia. Paula can be found busily preparing in the open plan kitchen each Thursday and Friday ... be sure to stop on by she'll give you a cheery welcome.